The ojpro6979 is a perfect fit in both size and specs for home offices and small ones (SOHO). It is a multi-functional (printing, faxing and scanning), has a compact and likable design with the Automatic Document Feeder built into the printer as a part of the design.
Though the HP Officejet Pro 6979 is a mid-range printer, it offers an astonishingly crisp text and graphics quality and a reasonably high print speed clocking at 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for color prints. The Paper Tray can hold up to 225 sheets which is a good figure, given the price.
To sum it all up, the 6979 could be a splendid choice for your workplace or personal needs because of the number of Web services that lets you print from various devices, multiple connectivity options and a reasonable printing speed is what you are looking for. The printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 6979 can be downloaded from ojpro6979.
ojpro6979 – Printer Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 6979 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and keep away the installation CD, the power and fax cords, a one-page quick installation guide, a flyer for the Instant Ink subscription plan and a comprehensive guide related to installing the printer. The Installation CD can also be used to install the software drivers for your printer instead of downloading and installing it from hp.com/ojpro6979.
- Lay the box containing the printer on its bottom side on the table and drag it out using the transparent plastic cover while holding the sides of the box.
- Remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of your printer and pull away the transparent plastic covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away the blue tapes on the printer and carefully remove the transparent covering on the front panel and the printer touch screen.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass lid. Close the scanner lid.
- Similarly, remove all the packing materials and transparent films from the ink access area.
- Slide out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials. Now, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
Now, your printer is ready to be switched on