The HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. It’s compactness and functionality packed in a nutshell. Low print costs, high print speeds, crisp output quality and a highly responsive touch screen make it the best choice for small offices. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 also supports AirPrint and other mobile-printing and wireless services. Download software drivers for this printer from setup 6977 or ojpro6977 . Given below are the specifications for the OfficeJet Pro 6977.
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Ethernet,
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria, HP Print Service Plug-in, HP Smart App.
- Instant Ink: Yes
- Print speed (B/W): 20 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 11 ppm
- Paper Input Tray (A4 sheets): 225 sheets
- Automatic Document Feeder: 35 sheets
- Paper Output Tray (A4 sheets): 60 sheets
- Keep reading to find out how to setup your HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 printer.
ojpro6977 – HP Printer Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 Unboxing
- First, remove the installation CD, guides, power cords and fax cords from the printer box.
- The installation CD contains the software driver for Mac OS X and Windows. You can also download the software driver from setup 6977 or ojpro6977
- Then, tilt the cardboard box and lay it carefully on the printer surface. Now, drag the printer out of the printer box.
- Now, remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer and slide it out of the transparent cover on the printer.
- Next, peel off the blue tapes and transparent films on the surface of the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the sides and check for packaging materials there.
- Once you’ve removed the packaging materials from the ink cartridge access area, close the ink cartridge lid.
- Then, open the scanner glass lid. Remove the Styrofoam sheet and close the lid back again.
- Finally, open the Paper Tray in the front and remove the tapes.
- Slide the paper width guides away from each other and close the tray.
This is how you unbox your HP OfficeJet 6977 printer. Next step is to switch on and perform a basic initialization for your printer.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 Printer Initialization
This part consists of two steps:
- Switching on your printer.
- Printer Initialization.
Follow the steps below to switch on and initialize your printer
- Take the power cord that you kept aside earlier.
- Then, connect one end into the rear of the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Finally, press the power button to switch on the printer.
- Next, scroll through the list and select the required language.
- Then, tap Confirm to confirm the language choice.
- Similarly, select the region in which your printer is located.
- Again, touch Confirm to confirm your printer location.
Next,your HP OfficeJet 6977 all-in-one printer asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing the setup process. Click Continue to install the ink cartridges. You can install the software drivers from setup 6977 or jpro6977
HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 Ink cartridge installation
HP OfficeJet Pro 6977 Printer Alignment
You can play the small animation that your HP Printer provides to install the ink cartridges or follow the steps given below:
- First, open the ink cartridge access area.
- Then, remove the transparent covering on the pack of cartridges. The setup cartridge pack has four cartridges.
- Next, remove the orange pull tab on the contacts of the black cartridge.
- Now, turn the cartridge around and twist away the orange cap in the counter-clockwise direction to remove it.
- Next, insert the cartridge into the slot that matches its colour.
- Insert the other cartridges into the remaining slots in the same way.
This is the first step while installing the drivers from setup 6977
- First, slide out the Paper Tray and extend the Paper Output Tray.
- Then, arrange some plain sheets on a hard surface and insert the stack into the Input Tray.
- Next, close the Input Tray and wait for the printer to detect that the papers have been installed.
- Touch OK to confirm that the papers have been loaded.
- Wait until the printer prints out an alignment sheet.
- Open the scanner lid and place the sheet print side down on the scanner glass.
- Close the lid and tap Scan to scan the alignment page.
- Once the alignment process is complete, the printer displays an Alignment Successful message on the screen.