The ojpro6973 is a perfect fit in both size and specs for home offices and small ones (SOHO). It is a multi-functional (printing, faxing and scanning), has a compact and likable design with the Automatic Document Feeder built into the printer as a part of the design.
Though the HP Officejet Pro 6973 is a mid-range printer, it offers an astonishingly crisp text and graphics quality and a reasonably high print speed clocking at 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for color prints. The Paper Tray can hold up to 225 sheets which is a good figure, given the price.
To sum it all up, the 6973 could be a splendid choice for your workplace or personal needs because of the number of Web services that lets you print from various devices, multiple connectivity options and a reasonable printing speed is what you are looking for. The printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 6973 can be downloaded from ojpro6973.
ojpro6973 – Printer Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 6973 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and keep away the installation CD, the power and fax cords, a one-page quick installation guide, a flyer for the Instant Ink subscription plan and a comprehensive guide related to installing the printer. The Installation CD can also be used to install the software drivers for your printer instead of downloading and installing it from hp.com/ojpro6973.
- Lay the box containing the printer on its bottom side on the table and drag it out using the transparent plastic cover while holding the sides of the box.
- Remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of your printer and pull away the transparent plastic covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away the blue tapes on the printer and carefully remove the transparent covering on the front panel and the printer touch screen.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass lid. Close the scanner lid.
- Similarly, remove all the packing materials and transparent films from the ink access area.
- Slide out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials. Now, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
Now, your printer is ready to be switched on.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6973 Basic Initialization process
Before getting started with the initialization process, the printer must first be powered on. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6973 has ports for network, telephone, power and USB.
Go to the rear of the printer and plug one end of the power cord into the printer power port and the other end into the wall outlet. Power strips should be avoided to prevent any power issues.
Finally, press the power button on the printer to switch it on. If you’ve already finished the initialization process, you can skip this section and proceed to install the software drivers from ojpro6973.
Once the printer is switched on, follow the steps given below to perform a basic initialization process.
- The printer control panel asks you to choose a language. Select a language of your choice and press confirm to finalize your selection. Next, select the location of the printer.
- Now, the control panel asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing with the Setup process. The tour gives you a basic idea on the capabilities and benefits using the OfficeJet Pro 6380. Click the Setup process.
- Similarly set the date and time for your printer by the scrolling through the numbers.