HP initially aimed to make the Envy printers look good and offered less functionality on the design side. However, the HP Envy 4509 is geared towards making printing affordable unlike its other initial Envy counterparts. You can get the drivers for your printer from setup 4509 .
It doesn’t come with a built-in memory card slot or sleek scanner glass lids but is very functional otherwise. The print speeds and quality are more than good with the printer clocking in at 8.8 ppm for monochrome printing and 5.2 ppm for coloured printing. The printer also supports duplex printing at a reasonable print speed of 3.9 ppm but doesn’t have an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) which is alright given the low price tag.
HP also cut costs with the Envy 4509 by using a monochrome control panel that isn’t touch responsive. As for the mode of connection, you can connect the Envy 4509 to your system either using a Wired or a Wireless connection.
envy4509 – Printer Unboxing
- First, remove the tape covering the flaps of the box and push the flaps gently to the side so that it becomes easier to take out the contents inside.
- Next, remove the cartridges and the power cord. The tri-colour cartridge will have a card attached to it so that it becomes easier for you to pick up the right cartridges when you’re out of ink.
- Now, remove the cardboard covering on top and using the transparent cover with handles, pull the printer out of the box after laying it down on a table or some hard surface so that the installation guides and CD don’t slip away.
- Once you’ve gotten the printer out of the box, remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of the printer.
- Keep aside the multi-lingual setup and troubleshooting booklet, Installation CD and getting started guide. The Installation CD contains the software drivers for both Mac and Windows. You can also download the drivers from hp.com/setup 4509. Tilt the printer box slightly and slide the printer out of its transparent covering.
- Next, remove all of the tapes and packaging materials that are present on the surface of the printer and inside it.
You’ve now completed unpacking your HP Envy 4509 printer. Keep reading to know how to switch on your printer and install ink cartridges into the paper tray.
HP Envy 4509 Initialization
You must switch on the printer before the initialization process. Follow the steps below to switch on the printer and begin the initialization process.
- Take the power cord and remove the twist tie to free it. Connect one end into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Avoid using power strips as they might cause power issues to the printer.
- Now, press the power button on the left side of the printer to switch it on . The printer now makes some noise once. Wait for it to quiet down before beginning the process.
- Once the printer has settled down, it’ll ask you to select a language. Use the arrow buttons on the sides to scroll through the list of languages and select a language. Again, use the arrow buttons to scroll through the list and tap OK once the selection is on Yes.
- In the same way, select the printer location.Next, the printer will ask you to install the ink cartridges. Keep reading to find out how to install the ink cartridges.