HP Deskjet 2635 is a low-end multi-functional printer that performs, printing, scanning and copying functions. Its ENERGY STAR rating means that it will save power while printing more pages. With a duty cycle of about 2635 pages per month, the Deskjet 2635 delivers more at a lesser cost. Although it lacks compatibility with Web Services like Google Cloud Print and Air Print, the prints offered by the printer is almost lab quality. The Deskjet 2635 can only be connected to the computer via a USB 2.0 hi-speed connection. To download the software drivers for your printer, go to dj2635
dj2635 Printer Setup
HP Deskjet 2635 Printer Unboxing
- Remove the tape from the cardboard box and keep aside the installation CD, setup poster, ink caution flyer and the power cord aside. The installation CD can also be used to install the software instead of downloading the drivers from hp.com/dj2635
- Slide the printer out of the box and remove the user manual from the top of the printer.
- Remove the transparent covering on the printer.
- Peel away the blue tapes on the surface of the printer. Next, open the Paper Output Tray and remove the tapes from the tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access area and pull out the cardboard packaging material. Close the ink cartridge area and the Paper Output Tray when you’re done.
HP Deskjet 2635 Printer Ink cartridge Installation
To install ink cartridges and load paper into the Paper Tray, the printer should first be switched on. Follow the steps given below to switch on the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Next, switch on the printer by pressing the power button next to the scanner area.
- Wait for the printer to fall silent after switching on.
- Once the printer stops making some noise, open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Unwrap the cartridge and remove the orange pull tab covering the copper colored contacts.
- Place the black ink cartridge in the second slot and push it until it locks into place.
- Repeat the same steps for the tri-color cartridge.
HP’s high-yield ink cartridges can also be used to increase the number of pages printed a month. If you’ve already installed ink cartridges and loaded paper into the Paper Tray, you can download the software from dj2635.
123 HP Deskjet 2635 Loading Paper
- To load Paper into the Paper Tray, simply tap a bunch of sheets on a hard surface to align them.
- Open the Paper Input Tray behind the scanner area and slide the paper width guides away from each other after opening the flap in front of the tray.
- Insert the stack of papers into the Tray and adjust the paper width guides such that the guides just touch the edges of the paper.
After inserting the sheets into the Tray, install the software drivers using the Installation CD or by downloading the software drivers from dj2635