The Deskjet 2549 is small in size and cost. This printer is the ideal companion for your printing needs if you need a printer only for printing and not any other functions like faxing, scanning, etc. It’s not Wireless enabled and the software drivers should either be installed from the Installation CD or downloaded from setup 2549 Note that HP doesn’t provide a USB cable along with the printer.
Given below are some of the features of the Deskjet 2549
- Print speed (B/W): 6 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 4 ppm
- Duty Cycle: 750 pages per month
- Paper Input Tray capacity: 50 sheets
- Paper Output Tray capacity: 30 sheets
- Connectivity: USB 2.0 (cable must be bought separately)
HP Deskjet 2549 Printer Unboxing
- First, open the printer box and keep aside the installation cartridges, CD and power module.
- You can also use the installation CD to install the software drivers on both Windows and Mac. To download the updated software drivers,simply go to setup 2549 or dj2549.
- Then, remove the cardboard piece on top of the printer.
- Next, remove the printer from the cardboard box using the handles on the on the printer bag.
- Now, keep aside the Installation guide and the Getting Started guide.
- Then, remove the caps on either side of the printer and remove the printer from the printer bag.
- Also, peel away the blue tapes from the surface of the printer.
- Lower the Output Tray and the ink cartridge access door.
- Then, remove the packaging material and close both the ink cartridge access area and the Output Tray.
- Finally, Lift the Paper Input Tray and check for packaging materials.
HP Deskjet 2549 Printer Ink cartridge Installation
First, connect the printer to the power source and switch it on to install the cartridges. Follow the steps below to switch on your printer and install ink cartridges.
- Take the power module that you kept aside earlier and connect one end of the power cord into the slot of the power module.
- Now, turn the printer backwards and connect one end of the power cord into the power slot beside the USB slot and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Then, switch on the printer and open the ink cartridge access door that is behind the Paper Output Tray.
Follow the steps given below to install ink cartridges.
- Once you’ve opened the ink cartridge access door, wait for the ink carriage to reach the center.
- Take one of the tri-colour cartridge that you kept aside earlier and unwrap it.
- Remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts and insert the cartridge at a slightly upward angle into the left slot until it snaps into place.